Image from Flickr by tuchodi
Are you looking for a new Turkey recipe? My husband thinks this is the BEST turkey recipe ever. Only one drawback: you cannot stuff the turkey since you are putting other aromatics in the cavity. But, if stuffing is not big on your list, this could be THE turkey recipe for you:
Champagne Citrus Turkey
- Turkey sized oven bag
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne (you can also use Prosecco or Spanish Cava)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Gently loosen turkey breast skin, and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast. Place oranges and apples inside the turkey’s cavity. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place turkey in an oven bag, and pour champagne over the inside and outside of the bird. Close bag, and place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Bake turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees when measured in the thickest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from bag, and let stand for at least 20 minutes before carving.
You can also drain all of the juice from the bag, skim off as much fat as possible and make the best gravy you have ever had. Also goes extremely well with my killer Sweet Potato Casserole recipe.
Do you have a can’t miss Turkey recipe?